We are a growing Digital Marketing Agency and looking for a front-end WordPress Web Developer. This is a remote position, but we are specifically looking for someone based in the Raleigh area. We work mostly with home services, healthcare, and medical spas industries.
This position is best suited for a candidate with early to mid-level experience in WordPress development. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with us or a quick learner. Under the direction of our lead developer, this position will handle front-end WordPress website development and modifications for our client base as well as landing page creation for lead generation. Attention to detail is vital for delivering a quality product to the clients. As a remote position, the abilities to communicate with peers and clients (verbal and written), self-motivated, and work with a team are what we are looking for in a candidate. We offer Paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
- At least 1 year of concentrated WordPress experience (NOT WORDPRESS.COM) using child themes.
- Intermediate skills in HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
- Should be a problem solver – if you DON’T know it, be able to find the answer.
- Knowledge of mobile responsive and cross-browser and cross-device testing.
- Comfortable with WHM/cPanel operation.
- An eye for design and finding the best images.
- Should be able to troubleshoot basic WP problems (white screens et al).
- The ability to set up a local environment for development and testing.
- Must have a very good internet connection, computer, and phone.
Prefer to have:
- Divi, Total, or Elementor Theme experience
- Backup / Deployment of sites
- Site transfer experience
- Graphics skills – know how to use Adobe Photoshop
- SEO experience would be a real plus – understand keywords, the significance of headings, build a sitemap, etc.
- Troubleshooting hosting issues – including site speed issues, SSL problems, mail delivery, PHP updates, server settings, etc.
During the interview, show us that you are professional and friendly. You will be interacting with customers fairly frequently to coordinate site updates and resolve problems, so we need to know you will represent our company well. A good attitude goes a long way.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, write up a short blurb about why you’re perfect for this role, a link to your portfolio with at least 5 examples of your work, your LinkedIn profile link, and submit it with your resume. Enthusiastic and convincing “why me” spiels generally land an interview.
Location: Work from Home (North Carolina preferred)
Hours: While this is a remote position, we do require you to be available 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Pay will depend on your skill level.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please, no agencies. No agency-referred candidates will be considered for this position.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Web Developer to be considered for the position.