- Some Agency experience or worked on multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with WordPress
We are seeking a full-time SEO Specialist to be responsible for SEO optimization on client sites, keyword research, and on-page and off-page SEO strategies.
The right candidate will multitask across diverse environments, communicate with clients and internal team members, and be dynamic enough to learn new technologies and processes.
- Using our SEO management tool, you will run initial diagnostics on each account to determine what needs to be done to get the site ranking in the SERPs.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization.
- Define and build keyword lists based on clients’ objectives and market opportunities, using a mix of proprietary tools and analytics data.
- Run keyword analysis from Google Analytics to determine common trends based on long-tail traffic. This analysis will allow the client to rank for additional keywords.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations on the website.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Search Console, Ahrefs, and other tools to produce actionable insights, such as determining any trends or issues that need to be addressed on each site – high bounce rate percentage, low traffic, spammy referral sites, etc.
- Research and analyze competitor content and links.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content strategy and creation.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Coordinate regularly with our website development, SEM, design, and business development teams and senior management to ensure that clients are getting positive results.
- Prepare a customized End of Month SEO Report that explains where the client is currently ranking, what we will be focusing on, and how we will adjust our strategy.
- Proven SEO experience and a track record of success growing organic search traffic and conversions
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and inbound marketing
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics – GA3 & 4)
- Experience with a variety of SEO Software such as AHREFs, ProRankTracker, Hotjar, etc.
- MUST be on the East Coast Time Zone. We prefer a North Carolina resident.
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices and ranking websites on Google
- Clear verbal and good written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Must be able to show examples of work or verbally explain a project.
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line SEO Specialist
We will send you a website to review and provide a simple SEO audit.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay based on skill sets.
Schedule: Flexible hours Monday to Friday but we need availability between 9 am to 5 pm EST
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please, no agencies. No agency-referred candidates will be considered for this position.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SEO Specialist to be considered for the position.