Web Hosting System Administrator
- Linux: 2 years
We are seeking a part-time Systems Administrator to support our hosting and other technical client needs. You would be working and consulting on the technical operations of the business which includes server maintenance, software installation, and configuration. This position is perfect to gain valuable experience in a variety of technologies and learn more about the inner workings of an agency.
You have a strong knowledge of web hosting which allows you to debug, diagnose, and troubleshoot technical issues. You are comfortable working on both Windows and Linux operating systems and generally grasp networking concepts. With your technical skills, you are very friendly and professional when assisting customers with their hosting and email services.
- 2+ years of previous web hosting experience (Admin, Reseller, or intermediate User)
- Firm understanding of Linux and basic server operations
- Knowledge of Linux web hosting software such as Apache, NGINX and MySQL
- General understanding of server virtualization on both private and public cloud
- Email servers – create email accounts – SPF, DKIM, DMARC as well
- Server experience – moving websites on servers
- Server updates when needed
- Monitor and resolve issues (load / peak spikes)
- Handle cPanel/WHM for client sites
- Understanding of S3 Storage operations
- DNS Records
- Can use creative problem-solving skills to effectively and efficiently address issue.
- Can develop, communicate, and implement plans when working on projects and tasks.
- Ability to explain complex information in simple, clear terms to a non-IT person.
- Detailed-oriented and organized. Can adapt to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude and maintained when under pressure.
- Consistent professional etiquette when conversing via email and phone.
- An effective communicator and listener who can take direction, as well as multi-task.
- Sales-minded and works to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
Preference to (but not required):
- A+ Certification
- Linux, Microsoft and/or Cisco Certifications
- CCNA Certification
- AWS, GCP or AZURE Certifications
Job Type: Part-time
Pay based on skill sets.
Schedule: Flexible hours Monday to Friday but we prefer availability between 9 am to 5 pm EST
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please, no agencies. No agency-referred candidates will be considered for this position.