WHAT IS ON-PAGE SEO?
On-page SEO (on-page search engine optimization) is just one part of website optimization. In this post we want to go into more detail about some of the smaller factors that influence on-page SEO Some of the things involved in on-page Raleigh search engine optimization are:
- Quality domain name– does your domain name contain important keywords for your business or industry?
- Proper keyword selection– do you have a good selection of keywords in your content?
- Proper usage of META tags– behind the scenes tags that can give you that little boost you need to move up, another place to get keywords.
- Good content– is your content fresh and organic? Does it actually offer the reader anything? You have to think – why would someone spend their time on my website?
- Easily understood content– Does your content explain what your company does or offers in words that are quickly and easily understood by the target visitor?
- Visually appealing web content– paragraphs, proper breaks, good usage of images. Nobody is going to sit down and read a long block of text.
- Properly tagged items/images– with ALT tags using proper keywords. These are there both for SEO purposes and so visually impaired persons can get an idea of what your image is of also.
- Good keyword density– using the target keywords and phrases in your content enough to get the search engine’s attention.
- Using keywords in heading tags – These carry a lot of weight to them, not having them optimized is a huge waste.
- Internal page linking strategy – all internal pages need to be linked together so that any authority one-page gains is shared across the site. This can be as simple as a full menu showing on every page or even just physical links on every single page pointing to the next.
- Good page naming practices – You want it all to make sense and flow together well. Nobody is going to visit a page if it doesn’t sound relevant to them so think about what people are going to look for.
START WITH A GOOD WEBSITE SEO PLAN
CLICK TO TWEET The best website starts off knowing what keywords and key phrases will be used and targeted, what the target market is – be it Raleigh or some other city/town, and what kind of visitors you ideally want to be actually buying your product or service. When we design a website at Edge Digital, we always have search engine optimization and optimizing for it in the back of our mind. We spend time really learning what your company offers so we can best market it for you. We spend time running the numbers for how many people are searching for your services in your area and exactly what terms are being used to find companies or services like yours so we can keep up with any changes. The best way to lose rankings is simply not keeping up with what the search engines are favoring at the time and not always working to have as complete an SEO profile as possible.
When we build a website, we use all of the info we have gained to start you off on the best footing search engine optimization wise that we can. We can’t guarantee any particular placement, but we can often rank a new site higher right off the bat than your existing site was ranking. In highly competitive markets/services, we can spend more time after launch to get our clients to the front page, but we know we have all of our keywords already in place so usually just a little more tweaking is required. If you want to learn more about our SEO process as a whole, please check out our Search Engine Optimization page here. Click here if you want to learn more in-depth about just on-site SEO.
Supercharge Your Local SEO By Uncovering the Hidden Potential of Google My Business
CLICK HERE to download the Ebook now and learn how you can start using all of the free Google techniques today! If your business needs help with social media, or any other aspects of digital marketing, give us a call at (888)404-5850 or contact Edge Digital today. Edge Digital is excited to help you grow and improve your business!
Hunter writes content for websites and can write great content like nobody’s business. Once he gets started writing, it is hard to stop him and he has been duly crowned “The Content King.” He also does light web design work and ultimately, just about anything that is asked of him in the website world.